Thank you for using Lottie!
What information do we collect from you?
When we talk about personal data or information, we mean any information which we know relates to an identifiable person.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by entering information into our website or by otherwise corresponding with us. This may include your name, age, gender, relationship status, contact details, location, care needs, proposed move-in date, accommodation, home experience preferences and care home listing favourites. We may also collect payment information in relation to some of the services we offer.
- Information we collect from your use of our Platform. With regard to each of your visits to our Platform we will collect the following information:
- technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, whereabouts you connected to our service, your internet service provider (ISP), and what type of device and browser you are using to access our service;
- Profile information such as your username and password, email address, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
With regard to your use of our Platform we will automatically collect the following information to help us understand our users and improve our service:
- how regularly you use the Platform and how long the sessions are;
- which features of the Platform you use.
- Special Category personal data. This is data which reveals racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership, data concerning health or a person’s sex life or sexual orientation and biometric data used for identification purposes. We may collect health data about you if you indicate that you have any particular care needs. We will use this data to search our database for suitable care homes that are able to meet these needs. We will not process this data for any purposes other than with your express consent.
- Information provided by our contractual partners. This is information care homes and other providers give to us in connection with the services we provide to them and may include the names and contact details of staff.
Why do we collect this information?
We process your personal information for the following reasons:
- On the basis of your consent:
- To enable your personal and health data to be used by us to search our database to determine which care homes are best able to meet your needs and preferences.
- We will only contact you with direct marketing communications if you consent to us doing so and you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. See the What are your rights? section below for more information.
- In our legitimate interests of providing the best service and improving and growing our business we will process information in order to:
- provide you with a personalised experience;
- improve our Platform and our services;
- advertise and sell products to you;
- keep our Platform and systems safe and secure;
- understand our customer base and usage trends;
- test our software and develop new functionality;
- anonymise and aggregate data to use for further analytics purposes, including providing analytical services to key sector stakeholders to support their business decision making (no third party stakeholder will be able to identify you from the information that we share);
- defend against or exercise legal claims and investigate complaints; and
- understand the effectiveness of our marketing.
We will carry out analytics to improve our products and services as set out above.
You have the right to object to processing carried out for our legitimate interests. See the What are your rights? section below for more information.
- To comply with legal requirements relating to:
- the provision of products, apps and services;
- data protection;
- health and safety;
- anti-money laundering;
- fraud investigations;
- assisting law enforcement; and
- any other legal obligations placed on us from time to time.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We only retain your personal data for as long as we need it or are required to keep it for legal reasons. If we no longer need your data, we will delete it. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of the personal data, the purposes for which it processes the personal data and whether those purposes can be achieved through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements. If you have an account with us, we will keep personal data such as your email address, name and other details so you can log in and access our services for as long as you have an account.
We may keep other information indefinitely – such as site activity linked to an IP address and information that we use for analytical purposes, which we use to help us understand our customers, improve our products and provide services to our stakeholders.
As outlined below, you can also ask us to delete your personal data.
Who might we share your information with?
We may need to share your personal data with third parties, some of whom we appoint to provide services, including:
- suppliers and sub-contractors to provide you with our Platform and services;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Platform, app and services;
- social media platforms (e.g. Facebook and Instagram) that assist us in advertising and selling products to you; and
- customer survey providers in order to receive feedback and improve our services.
These third parties are contractually required to only access personal data for the specific and limited purposes for which they are engaged and are subject to confidential undertakings.
Additionally, we will disclose your personal information to the relevant third party:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose any relevant personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- in the event that we form a group of companies, in which case we may share the information with any member of our group; and
As mentioned above, we anonymise and aggregate data to use for further analytics purposes, including providing analytical services to key sector stakeholders to support their business decision making. From time to time we may also post data insight trends and similar updates on our social media accounts, which are able to be accessed by the public in general. However, no third party stakeholder will be able to identify you from the information that we share in this way.
How is your data stored and kept secure?
We take your safety and security very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal and health information. All information kept by us is encrypted and stored on our secure servers. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We store your data on secure servers located in the UK and European Economic Area, where there are appropriate protection measures in place.
We will protect your data by using the approved model contractual clauses with our providers outside the United Kingdom if there is no adequacy decision in place. What are your rights?
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
You have the certain rights under the Data Protection legislation when we are acting as a data controller in respect of your personal data. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right:
- to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes;
- to ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
- to ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes, where relevant, unless the processing is necessary in the public interest.
- to request from us access to personal information held about you;
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent), you exercise your right to object, set out below, and there are no overriding legitimate ground for processing, the data is unlawfully processed, the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation or the data is children’s data and was collected in relation to an offer of information society services;
- to ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing);
- to ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract.
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, then please contact us. In the event that you are not satisfied with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/. We ask that you raise any concerns with us first so that we can seek to resolve any issues you may have.
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller is Lottie Organisation Ltd, a registered company in England and Wales (Company No: 13084956). Address: 67 – 69 Great Portland Street, London W1W 5PE.
This section is for professional contacts only and does not apply to our Platform users.
If you contact us, provide us with a business card or otherwise provide us with your contact details in a professional capacity then we will process your personal information for the purposes of pursuing a potential or actual business relationship with you. We will normally record your name, professional contact details, job and employer information. We may use this information to send you correspondence updating you on our Platform and services or offering business opportunities appropriate to your role. We do this in our legitimate interests to promote and grow our business